Hilarious emoji requests
The Unicode Consortium has a public list of emoji proposal and what stage of the process they’re in. Here are some of my favorites that didn’t make the cut:
- Cutlet - I support this proposal
- Drop of pee - I struggle to see a scenario where this would be needed
- Gender Gap Fill - a worthy cause, although I struggle to see how this would be represented as an emoji
- Healthy Poo - the current poo is has no medical indicators, I agree
- Intestines - OK, but why?
- Possibly Bird - I guess this is possibly a bird and possibly a rabbit
- Object related - I guess someone wanted to start adding UML symbols to emojis?
- Stegosaurus - I completely agree. The current dinosaur selection is incomplete. It’s a shame that it expired because it had a good chance of being approved because triceratops was accepted.
- Viking / Horned Helmet
- Winking with thermometer - 🤔
Also fun are the overly specific emoji requests, such as “Pandeiro” because “Drum” just doesn’t convey the same thing.
I found this because I was looking for instructions on how to submit a proposal for a new emoji. Unfortunately, they only accept proposals till 31 Aug so I’ll have to wait till next year.
Get in touch
Or send me feedback. It will take less than 20 seconds.